This project is a free initiative to create an Arduino library for signal filtering.
- Some information about the filters
- Free ebook: "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing" http://www.dspguide.com/
- low pass filter (1st and 2nd order, Chebychev and Bessel)
- median filter
- Download the source
- Place the Filter folder in your Arduino1.0+ "libraries" folder
- Open example sketch: "file", "Examples", "!SignalFilter", "Bessel" (or any other example)
- Connect a (noisy) analog sensor to port A0
- Compile & upload code
- Original and filtered sensor data should be arriving over the serial port
This library is partially based on filters that are auto-generated on the filtuino website. Filtuino is a Filter Suite that generates source code for different digital filters (IIR Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Bandstop, IIR Resonanz Filter, Proportional Integral Filter).
If you want your own filter properties, I suggest you:
- Use my library as a template (to have some working code to start with)
- Generate the exact filtering code you need on the filtuino website (filter type, ripple, frequencies,...)
- Replace one of the filters in my library with your own custom filter.
- Version 0.1: Low pass Chebychev and Bessel filters
- Version 0.2: Median filter
- Version 0.3+: More filters (band pass, running average, Kalman, ...)